Wednesday 3 October 2018

Jumper Grip

Slept like a baby last night and felt totally refreshed and ready to stride onto set. It was another BBC promo shoot and probably one of the busiest sets I'd ever been on. There were 6 runners on this one, alongside some talent I actually recognised!

My primary job this time around was holding onto the DOP's back as he walked backwards through a public audience. I think I did pretty well! I got the choreography downpat after a few tries and knew exactly how to hide myself out of shot whenever we did a swift 180 turn.

In between takes I was grabbing release forms like usual, but everyone I spoke to was lovely and really up for being on TV - helps when you can name drop the BBC.

We wrapped at 4 and initially I was planning a leisurely walk back to the coach station after we finished, then it turned out someone packed my jacket into the kit van which had just driven off. Luckily the office was only a few minutes away by car, so after snatching back my coat I jumped in two tubes and ran like mad for the Megabus and caught it with 4 minutes to spare.

Overall, today went a lot better than I expected considering how tired I felt yesterday, everyone seemed really happy with how it turned out too. Chuffed I made the effort to come down.

No comments:

Post a Comment