Friday 16 August 2019

A Little Rain

Took Jamie out this rainy day around the center of Bristol to see some sights and to check out some bookshops. For lunch we treated ourselves to some Wapping Wharf street food, Jamie had a hankering for pizza and Pizzarova was grinning at us as we walked by. Of course, we had to follow up an Italian lunch with some coffee and Little Victories was happy to fill our mugs with the black stuff. We spoke this morning about wanting to try a Chemex brewed coffee and this place to our delight offered just that and lemme tell you, it was a damn fine cup of coffee. Kinda want a Chemex brewer now but I have no idea where I'd stash it at home since we are swimming in coffee paraphernalia. So despite the rain, our souls were enriched by some good food and a good walk around town. Jamie left shortly after dinner, I walked him to his car as we talked about what a great few days it's been.

After I waved him off I put on Tom Waits' 'A Little Rain', then I put down my umbrella and let the rain soak me through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment