Friday 16 August 2019

Mendip Mayhem

Took a little drive out into the Mendips after Jamie found a little hiking route we could both do around Bleadon. Had a bit of a mare finding the right parking spot (our route started exactly where this invisible car park was meant to be) we ended up ponking our car on the side of the road but that turned out to be exactly where we needed to be. We walked up and around hills, into fields and around cow-pats and to top it all off was a nice packed lunch, we basically had the quintessential Famous Five day out.

Tuckered out from walking we met up with Mark and Lucy in the evening to play board games and eat fish & chips. We chatted long into the night as the conversation slowly transitioned into reminiscing about the Bournemouth days. It dawned on me that we were the original 'Frederica Four' so we spoke a lot about my surprise 20th Birthday and the evenings spent with Jenny and her housemates. Made me glad we've all stayed such close friends after all these years, they are the best link to my past as it turns out and they help cast my mind back to times I almost forgot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment