Tuesday 6 August 2019

Dennis' Funeral

Tripped down to Newbury with Louis to attend a funeral for my Great Uncle Dennis. I figure there are two types of funerals, the kind where you get hugs and the kind where you give hugs and this one fell into the second category as I found myself comforting several of my younger relatives after the service. Most of the people there were impressed that we made the effort to come down for the day, it didn't even cross my mind that I had a choice in the matter - guess it's a good mindset to have. However brief the time we had in Newbury this afternoon, it was nice to spend it with my family. Funerals always hammer home the notion that life is precious and I've recently been relishing any opportunity to spend time with those closest to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment