Monday 5 August 2019

Perfect Pickles?

Treated each of my fingers like mini-roundabouts as a result of my burns. Going to work turned out to perhaps not be the smartest move, though I eventually mastered a 1.5 handed technique that got me through the day.

Yesterday I stumbled across some baby cucumbers in a nearby market, I couldn't believe my luck since I've been wanting to make my own gherkins for months now and the opportunity finally presented itself. Went whole hog on the prep front for them, got some dill, mustard seeds, garlic, turmeric and chili peppers to throw into the mix to ensure maximum flavour. Googled the whole process and it turned out to be a lotta fun, end result looked fairly professional too:





These bad boys will be ready in a month or so - can't wait to see how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment