Monday 19 August 2019

A Very Firm Handshake


My first customer at 7:30 this morning wasn't a customer at all, it was our area manager coming to do a surprise audit of the cafe. Here I was dreaming of a quiet Monday morning. They were fine in reality, poked around a bit and asked me some mandatory questions they already know I know the answer to, feels routine now. They left pretty happy though and left me in peace. About an hour later a rather quiet chap came up and ordered a flat white in a fairly stiff manner, I didn't think too much of it until he returned with his coffee a few moments later, extended his hand and officially introduced himself as the CEO of the company. Luckily he only had praises to say for me and the cafe, I like to think our sleepy shop in particular is how he envisioned his business when he first got the idea to open a coffee shop.



Committed to a spot of quick fire gaming news for Sick Critic once I got home. Nintendo held a mini press conference to announce a few indie games coming out soon in the midst of a major gaming news week. I nominated myself to do a write up on the presentation, I even jotted down the title and release date of all 29 games mentioned. Submitted it to my editor and since this was a time-sensitive piece he published it immediately - felt like I was in a news room.

No comments:

Post a Comment