Saturday 10 August 2019

Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse

Crowds of people we're ushered into our cafe on account of the bad weather, we hit terminal velocity around 10:30 today and spent the rest of the shift clearing up after the storm. Battered and weary, I returned home to go out with Rebecca to Squeezed to sample their infamous veggie burger. In reality it was more like a pickle and mushroom sandwich with shedloads of sauce, but I was surprisingly OK with that. We dabbled into a 7 day free trial of Skt Movies afterwards to check out Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse, probably one of the most visually impressive animated films I'd seen in yonks. Good themeing and characters meant that it was a cut above other superhero films too, I'm personally not the biggest Spiderman fan but I his appeal suddenly clicked while I was watching this movie. Its the idea that anyone can be a hero, however unlikely and that concept resonated throughout every scene offering the perfect emotional anchor to the well worn superhero genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment