Monday 16 December 2019

Adopt a Zen Perspective

Experienced a first at the cafe today. A customer insisted we made them a new coffee after they put their artificial sweetener in their friend's drink since it was all our fault. At this moment, I found myself at an impasse. This is a classic Baby Boomer moment and if I were to go along with the contemporary school of thought that pits Millennials and Boomers against each-other in a culture war I would have considered this instance as yet another excuse to hate another generation. Me though, I ain't got time for that. I made him another coffee and sent him on his merry way.

This week is my dedicated Christmas shopping week for anyone I haven't sorted already. Got a bit of a hit list to work through so I should be alright. I'm oddly calm at the moment about present shopping (to Rebecca's chagrin) but I think we can all learn a little something from my zen attitude concerning manic shopping. I'm sure the moment something goes wrong that'll all change.   

No comments:

Post a Comment