Wednesday 25 December 2019

Happy Christmas 2019!

For the first time in my life, Santa didn't deliver his presents in time for Christmas morning! Louis and I watched kids cartoons before Mum sheepishly brought our stockings in, if I was 20 years younger I would have been mortified, instead this little instance made me appreciate the human element to Christmas all the more. After our traditional breakfast we dished out the presents, Louis and I did especially well in the gifting department since everyone was chuffed to pieces with their gifts. I got a handful of coffee related presents plus Rusty Brown, a graphic novel I wasn't expecting to get but I already cannot wait to dive into.

Earlier this month I wrote here that following a friend's Christmas dinner I would be surprised if I had a better one, today I got to not only eat my words, but also tuck into the best Christmas dinner I reckon Dad has ever made. He always goes above and beyond with the Christmas lunch and his cooking deserves every ounce of praise that's coming to him.

The mandatory 'sofa veg-out' session began after dinner and carried us long into the evening. I sincerely hope everyone else had as good a Christmas as I did and that the good vibes were spread throughout the day.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment