Tuesday 24 December 2019

Christmas Eve 2019

Twas the morning before Christmas, ASDA's carpark was brimming before day break and I trudged to open the cafe to greet the festive customers. It felt like every regular popped in today to wish us a happy Christmas, one even left a £5 tip as an early present for us. Work wasn't too busy which was ideal because I had a manic time getting on the train to head back to Newbury. My reference number bounced and the help desk needed a lot of cajoling before they extended a helping hand, I was a hair away from using the line '...But its Christmas' as a bargaining chip. Luckily, I didn't need to rely on clichés and I was on my way home for the Christmas Eve Party. Felt great coming home to help out and to see my folks, after a few beers and some nibbles the party was in full swing and I felt like I was home. Bring on Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment