Wednesday 11 December 2019

Twice the Spice (And Everything Nice)

Brewed up a half litre of coffee and cemented myself to my video editing chair to smash through a hearty chuck of my next video. I'm about 80% done and I'm getting some real good vibes off this one, very eager to share it with the world tomorrow.

As a reprieve for the edit I turned to baking my first ever batch of mince pies. Didn't stray too far off the beaten path, I bought ready-made pastry and mince meat, but I did throw in a few extras to zhuzh up the filing. The zest (and a little juice) of an orange alongside a few dried cranberries, plus a hearty glug of port were my extras to make for a deep but zesty flavour.



They ain't lookers, but for a first time I'm pretty pleased with them - the taste especially. They'll make for a great pick me up as I do the finishing touches to my edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment