Sunday 1 December 2019

Scrooged

December is finally here, and with it, come tidings of merriment and joy. I wrapped up in a blanket and sat on the sofa with Rebecca for most of the day, enjoying some time off after a busy week in and around London. We eased into some festive fun in the evening though, I rustled up some 'Christmas Burgers' with brie and lashings of cranberry sauce. A warmed mince pie with custard was served as pudding, though Rebecca curdled her custard while warming it (yet another great reason why cold custard is the superior form). We then took a gamble on watching a Christmas film neither of us had ever seen: Scrooged. 

Though Bill Murray carried the movie, structurally it was all over the show. Some story threads were a little undercooked and it wasn't anywhere near as funny as I wanted it to be, despite all that though, it did eventually win me over. The design for the Ghost of Christmas Future was a real highlight and the rousing speech Murray's character delivers at the end thawed the cockles of my heart. It ain't a classic in my books, but it's sentiment was heartfelt even if the route there was a bit wobbly wobbly.   

No comments:

Post a Comment