Saturday 14 December 2019

Coffee 'n Smash

Initially I planned today to be a pretty quiet affair, little did I know the universe had different plans. A Nintendo club public gaming event was going on in a Newbury coffee shop this morning so I just had to go to that. Ended up playing Smash Bros against a bunch of 12 year olds and teaching them the value of losing gracefully. No time to stuck around for a trophy though because the Twin Town Christmas meal beckoned, I picked some rather un-Christmassy options to make a change, in hindsight a noodle basket really wasn't what I wanted to eat after pulling a cracker and wearing a party hat. No matter though, Rebecca and I met up with some friends from Newbury at the meeting and headed out with them for a quick drink at a local pub which was lovely. Lot of impromptu things today, but that actually made the day memorable! To top it all off, we decorated the family Christmas tree so I'm really vibing with the festive spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment