Saturday 2 May 2020

Greasing Up for a Walk

A cooked breakfast, that's just the ticket when everyday starts to feel the same. Rebecca and I indulged in rustling up a full English this morning. We're talking scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, fried mushrooms and toast, in my youth I would have gone for double size portions, but older, more modest me had a sensible helping but I was still stuffed afterwards.

Walking off the bacon grease was a good idea we figured so we headed out into a part of Bristol we had never really explored. Just a 15 minute walk up the road and we found another really lovely park which an incredibly panoramic view of the city, it's apparently the best spot to watch hot air balloons when they take to the sky. Nice to know there's still magical little spots just on our doorstep.

Finished the day by chatting with friends, in particular Daniel. We each proposed a games night with some others but everyone else kinda fell by the wayside for various but fair reasons so we just ended up playing games as a pair. Instead of gaming, we just chewed the fat, quietly reminiscing, joking and chatting about games - an honest to God hang out session. Was real nice too, don't often get to chat with Dan like that and I'm always glad when I do.    

No comments:

Post a Comment