Friday 8 May 2020

West Side Story

What an odd day. It felt like I came back from a long holiday and slept poorly on the plane because I just found myself spacewalking and drifting through the day. I went for a walk and took it easy (that's what the Bank Holiday is for) but my body clock just felt unsettled. Ate meals at an odd time as a result which likely only made things worse. It wasn't until the last slither of the day I decided to try and be proactive and get out of that funk.

Best way to do that while still doing very little? Watch a new movie! West Side Story was a total delight. A modern(ish) iteration of the Romeo and Juliet story with a beautiful New York background that's adorned with apartment fire escapes, washing lines and soot-stained bricks. Well shot, great energy and expertly pieced together - loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment