Thursday 7 May 2020

Infinite - Beyond The Mind


At long last, I can finally share with you that review I've been working on for Sick Critic now that the embargo has been lifted. The game was called Infinite - Beyond The Mind, it's only a little indie game so there's no real fanfare attached to its release, but I reviewed it just as I would any other game. You can read my article here, though I should warn you, it's not especially kind. I personally think it's sharply written and it was nice to flex the less flattering side of my vocabulary - typically I like to see the good in most things but this game gave me zero satisfaction to play.



Dinner's have begun to go a little on loop since this whole pandemic hit so I wanted to push the boat out a little and experiment with what we had to make something unique. So I butterflied some chicken breasts and rolled them in chili powder and paprika , cut up some homemade chips and cooked some sweetcorn to make a DIY Nando's style dish. Cooking the chicken in my cast iron let me practice making a pan sauce from the fond too, but that part didn't go so well. I added too many flavours and managed to over-reduce it so it ended up tasting like insanely garlicky popcorn. Put it in a ramekin for optional dipping though so no harm done! Next pan sauce will be all the better for this little failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment