Saturday 30 May 2020

Mocho Semifreddo

Stepped a little out of my culinary comfort zone today and attempted to make a mocha semifreddo. The part that scared me was whipping up the eggs over a double boiler, last thing I wanted was coffee flavoured scrambled eggs. Once I folded in the cream though, I couldn't stop licking the spatula - always a good sign. They're chilling overnight now, hoping they taste good frozen too. Could even have a new signature dessert.

We've been living in our new neighborhood for a little over three months now and to Rebecca's dismay, not a single garden cat has shown us an ounce of affection. That all changed this evening though as a fluffy cat jumped through a hole in the fence and rushed up for cuddles. We were so enamored by him we ended up chilling out in the garden for way longer than we planned. Here's a cute picture of me with my new best friend. Pardon the dodgy haircut, lockdown and all that.


No comments:

Post a Comment