Tuesday 26 May 2020

The Haunting


A little birdie told me that it was Rachel's Birthday today, so Rebecca and I did the best we possibly could to celebrate under lockdown conditions. We strolled over to their house and dropped off some presents: a canvas bread bag, a tub of ice cream and a full bottle of homemade cold brew coffee. Hopefully we made her day a little more cheerful.

Felt a little spooky this evening so I dived into The Haunting with Rebecca, promising her a chiller that 'probably won't be very scary'. My, oh my, I was wrong. From beginning to end, I was completely under the film's spell and though scenes had a bone-chilling quality, I couldn't tear my eyes away from the screen. It was pure horror. No jump scares, no parlor tricks, just a perfectly executed tale of dread.

No comments:

Post a Comment