Sunday 17 May 2020

Kindergarten Cop

Unbeknownst to me, one of Rebecca's childhood movies was Kindergarten Cop, the Arnold Schwarzenegger film where he has to go undercover in a preschool to catch a baddie. It's a little too long and some of the dialogue is oddly lewd in places but I found myself having a good time while watching it. Still, I couldn't really understand who this movie was for. Not enough action for Arnie fans, not enough heartfelt epiphanies for comedy lovers and it certainty ain't for kids. I think it exists, and is remember fondly, purely on the virtue of Arnold's screen presence, his charisma is undeniable and it's the saving grace of this oddball film. The debate whether or not School of Rock is a better movie rages on in this household though.

No comments:

Post a Comment