Wednesday 2 September 2020

Don't Agitate the Grounds

 "Would you like a coffee Theo?"

 

I should have said no to this early morning offer. I don't know what my colleague managed to do, but they somehow made an overly strong brew that left me feeling skittish and agitated - its effects lingered throughout the day. I was given a few seemingly standard jobs first thing today, but for one reason or another, I actually couldn't do them until some new software installed or until people got back to my emails. In the meantime, more weirder jobs started trickling in. A sudden takeaway order needed arranging, a courier for an obscure parcel needed sorting and a hair and make-up lady decided to say hello to the crew about 10 minutes before home time. While I did everything I had to today, I didn't quite bring my A-game which left me feeling a little bummed. Tomorrow I'll just take it all in my stride and start climbing up the mountain of my in-tray with a settled mind.

...And I'm gonna say no if someone offers me coffee again.

No comments:

Post a Comment