Sunday 6 September 2020

Holy Guacamole

 Set out on a Sunday stroll across the Bristol Downs with Rebecca and her parents. Before we knew it we'd already walked well over 10,000 steps, all that did was whet our appetites for some nearby cafe food and coffee. This evening they all came round to ours again and I whipped up the meal I've been fretting about all week. In the end, I settled in making fajitas, but not some namby-pampy mid-week meal version, oh no, tonight I  went all out. Did my signature polenta coated chicken plus spices, we slashed out on salsa and sour cream and finally I made the best batch of guacamole I think I've ever made. Even Rebecca's Dad who isn't a fan if avacado was stunned that I was able to make something so delicious. (This isn't an exaggeration. He took a cautionary dolop of guacamole, had a mouthful, paused slightly and a quiet 'wow' was the only thing he could compute saying.) It was a big hit overall and I'm chuffed fajitas was ultimately the right call.

No comments:

Post a Comment