Saturday 12 September 2020

Jigaraki

Mum and Dad popped down to Bristol to spend the day with me, Rebecca, Louis and Rachel for our shared Birthday weekend. I received the lion's share of my presents this morning, including a gorgeous new jumper, some books and some board games that I'm very much looking forward to finding an excuse to play with people. We tried a new Middle Eastern place on Wapping Wharf for lunch which was a huge hit, then again you never can go too wrong with lamb and flatbread.

I took everyone up for a walk to The Northen Slopes too, it started off as a massive success since I remembered where I discovered a panoramic view of Bristol. Shortly after I forgot my way around and I accidentally booted us out back onto the main road. For somewhere so vast, it was crazy how I couldn't find it properly again. However the group was starting to flag a bit, and the promise of a home baked Rachel pudding was too good to put on hold for any longer so we retired to Louis' place for drinks and treats. The sun was dipping down just as I was getting a haircut (feels like only the second one this year), then we all said our final farewells. I always relish it when my folks are down in Bristol. Their company is always easy going and familiar, plus it's a delight to share the best parts of Bristol with with them - hope they had a good day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment