Thursday 10 September 2020

Happy 27th Birthday to Me!

To my delight, Rebecca agreed to wake up early with me so we could spend some time together before I went to work. She was a little shocked to discover just how early I get up these days, but she obliged none the less. This was one of many ways she made today very special. We opened my cards together and she gave me her presents, I got a great owl mug and a swanky mini wallet - perfect for short outings when I don't want to carry a chunky wallet.

Work was work, I didn't want to make a big thing out of it being my Birthday since everyone is super busy. Imagine my surprise then when the whole office starting singing 'Happy Birthday' over halfway through the day. It was super humbling - I've only been with most of those guys for a few weeks but they made it feel very personal which was lovely.

On my way home I got to call my parents, which is one of life's simple pleasures. Back at home Rebecca ordered some takeaway burgers for us and quietly lit a candle and walked out with a flaming sourdoughnut... She knows me too well.

27 years on this Earth, it's a weird thought. Lot of people at work said how 27 is the age where you emerge out of the uncertainty of your 20's and everything starts falling into place. That was a comforting sentiment, time will tell exactly how true that'll be, but day by day, I feel more and more comfortable wearing my own skin.

 Just wanted to close this blog entry with the card that Grandma Margaret got me. For reasons I still can't explain, it just really resonated with me. It's a very gentle, but wholesome picture of a dog on a canal boat, but both Rebecca and I instantly thought was lovely.   


Thanks to everyone who made this Birthday special!

No comments:

Post a Comment