Wednesday 7 July 2021

Cacoon

Contrary to the rest of the week, I found myself rushed off my feet with work from the get go. First up, I had to find historical advisors for obsolete dice and card games, I managed to find a board game consultant for film and TV tucked away online though so I reckon that covered all bases. After that, my team decided they didn't want the meeting room I sourced earlier on so I quickly found another one for next week and penciled in a booking somewhere more to their liking. In the middle of this I brainstormed how to arrange 50 socially distanced people in a venue hall while simultaneously making it accessible to Zoom callers. I had to phone a friend and ask Mark for some sage advice. our ideas were ultimately rejected by my team who are strong arming their approach which will (quite frankly) fall right onto it's face. Won't be my problem though, I wrote up a big 'Don't make me say I told you so' guised as a balanced review of the situation. I was beat by the end of the day. I keep day dreaming about emerging from this room with a beautiful, newfound perspective on the little things in life. I'll admire leaves and their capillaries, I'll think about the life cycle of a piece of rubbish and I'll fill my lungs with the sweet scent of fresh air. Instead, I'll get over it and busy my mind with something hardly worth fussing over.

But for a moment, I'll feel like I'm living in this song.



No comments:

Post a Comment