Thursday 1 July 2021

Orpheus

 About halfway through a Zoom call meeting I was hit with a message that I need to self isolate at home. By the sounds of it, one of my colleagues has tested positive for Covid and I, along with a few others are being told to isolate for the mandatory 10 day period. 

As such, I am now house-bound. More specifically, I am shutting myself away in my spare room so as not to be in close contact with Rebecca. Since she's been home she's been passing me through some bits of food and running away very quickly. Every time we speak now it's behind a closed door. Even though we are so close to one another, we are so very far away. I feel like Orpheus, forbidden to look back at his lover in fear of damning her. 

Supposedly if I have caught the virus I'll start showing symptoms as of tomorrow/Saturday. I'll be doing home testing virtually every day from no on too. From here on out, I'll be coming to you live from my spare room, same place, same time, every day until next Friday. These 4 walls are going to feel pretty familiar after a while, I can tell you that for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment