Sunday 25 July 2021

Soulful Breakfast

 The foresight to make overnight, no-kneed bread is only truly appreciated the following morning. We woke up to freashly baked bread topped with my new and improved scrambled eggs and a half pint of single origin coffee in my mug. This was a soulful breakfast that raised our spirits. Even the occasionally daunting visit to B&Q couldn't dampen our spirits. We picked a new lampshade out and even settled on a colour to paint our house with a high five to seal the deal. Rebecca and I just... took it easy again today. My weekend as a whole felt unusually still, it was only about an hour ago I realized I'd accidentally turned off nearly all notifications off on my phone. I booted up WhatsApp to a torrent of gaming session opportunities and memes that completely passed me by. Gingerly, I turned them all back on, no doubt my phone will be in high demand again on Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment