Monday 26 July 2021

Cake for the Lucky Boy

Minced into my Monday without anything outstanding on my 'to-do' list. The world finds a way to give me the funny job first thing though. Out top billed actor effectively passed me £100 and said 'I want to buy some cakes for the Fire Marshall as it was his Birthday yesterday' nice gesture, but guess who had to make this a reality. I called up several bespoke cake shops in Bristol, finally finding one that had spare sponge cakes, plus a vegan one for good measure. Then my boss flagged the Covid risk in sharing a cake and then bunting had to be bought... The whole thing was a polava I could have done without first thing in a Monday. But when it was all in place, the Fire Marshall was apparently very touched by it all. A lot of the time my role is to be invisible, and I'm more than happy to silently enjoy others being happy thanks to my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment