Friday 9 July 2021

Granny Sue's Funeral

Polished my shoes and re-taught myself how to tie a half-windsor knot so I looked presentable for Granny Sue's funeral. Though Covid lessened the number of people that could attend, I was still overwhelmed by the number of people from the local community that attended and offered their well wishes. Even the Mayor of Newbury showed up! The service itself was lovely, Granny Sue couldn't have dreamed of a nicer send off. Louis did an expertly judged speech (I could never do what he did so, once again, I have undying respect for his courage.) Seeing our close family at the wake afterwards was really comforting too, lots of them I hadn't seen in well overa year now, it was really great to catch up and tell them about my recent strokes of luck in working within the TV industry. 

After the guests all left, only the core family group remained. All emotionally drained, we turned to a KFC dinner and flopped around on the sofa and chatted/read books/laughed the evening away. So lovely to be with my family again.

No comments:

Post a Comment