Saturday 24 July 2021

Dice Master

 I effectively walked onto set with the title of 'Dice Master' - a monika that hasn't been attached to anyone living outside South America since the '70's, but there we go. Today's scene revolved around a dice game called Hazard which has fallen woefully out of fashion, so I stepped up to be the games historical advisor. I re-wrote the script in places so the scene would reflect the game accurately (or well  enough to keep angry correspondence away from ITV) and gave tips on the game throughout. I got to sit at the big boy table between the Director, cast and Script Supervisor and that was a real rush.

 The show got a bad piece of news moments later. Aot of out extras had pulled out last minute so they needed willing members of crew to step up... Guess who made that shortlist the remainder of the afternoon was spent pretending to gamble in a sweaty room alongside some very talend actors.

Only thing left to do is wish my Mum a Happy Birthday. I was so rushed off my feet today that the only opportunity I had to call her was later in the evening when no doubt she was halfway though a Birthday meal out. She's headed to Bristol next week when Louis and I will shower her with gifts, in the meantime my gift to her is the ability for her to anecdotally say 'My son stars in a Jane Austin adaptation'. Happy Birthday Mum!



No comments:

Post a Comment