Sunday 18 July 2021

Scrambling up a Storm

Ive had to put aside my fondness for cooking a fair bit recently on account of the odd hours my job demands. Today however, I was in full swing within the kitchen. Made the classic Sunday scrambled egg with a minor, but impactful twist: I got the pan up to temperature first, then added my egg mixture with tiny cubes of butter inside. This mean there was a range of textures in the final product due to the different cooking temperature of parts of the mixture - it was a winner.

In a similar vein, I tried to make burgers again using a different supermarket type of beef and with a secret ingredient: sauerkraut kimchi. It was meatly, pickley and zingy all at once, it would give restaurant burgers a run for their money. 

Not the kitchen is packed down I can focus on the big day tomorrow, shoot day 1. There's always teething issues on day one, I just hope it goes well. Early stary too tomorrow, that's going to be a recurring treat too.

No comments:

Post a Comment