Sunday 4 July 2021

One Is the Perfect Number of Players

Rebecca came in to give me a ration of coffee and spotted me teaching myself how to play a board game by enacting two players. I must have looked like a crazy man, hunched over a playing board and rule book and in bad need of a shave. Managed to imprint a lot of the game's rules on my brain now though, when I finally get out of here I'll be able to teach people like a guru. 

The one thing that seriously threatened to make this isolation ordeal even worse for Rebecca and me was the fact our internet dropped out for a spell. In fact, a whole side of house lost power spontaneously, and without a very specific plug in the house, our wifi was conked. Some thrifty teamwork eventually got us back up to near full power, but it was almost the straw that broke the camel's back for us both. 

Good news to end this post though, my PCR test came back negative and I'm still showing no symptoms. I'll keep testing of course over the next few days but fingers crossed there's nothing but blue skies and off-white walls lining my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment