Friday 8 October 2021

A New Civilization Discovered

I take sincere pride in prepping the sides for everyone each day. I whiffle through the script, pick out the relevant scenes and print them for everyone ready for tomorrow. This morning I get the classic email that a fresh batch of script amends are in and they change the first scene if the day. Luckily I was already coming in early to help make a shed load if teas and coffee for cast but it meant I was dashing around like a headless chicken for the first 90 minutes.

A weird smell was prevailing around our truck too. Smart money was on the fridge, but I cleaned it within an inch of it's life a few weeks ago with little effect. I decided to bite the bullet and pull it out to inspect the shadowy underbelly of the 'fridge nook'. I saw our culprit. The fridge's drip tray was teaming with rancid... Everything. Honestly, it reached the point where mould was growing its own mould. I felt like Gordon Ramsay inspecting disaster kitchens for the disgusting storage habits. Cleaning it out was perhaps the nastiest thing I've ever had to do on a job, butbit was worth doing right if it meant neautralizing the stench. Just feel like I need to bleach my skin now.

No comments:

Post a Comment