Sunday 10 October 2021

Surprise Taxi

 Drove past the swathes of people enjoying their Saturday as I mentally prepped myself for another day of work. It was a 6 day week, culminating with today, possibly the biggest challenge we all had to overcome. Spirits were pretty high going in, but a freak accident involving a large wheelie bin, a downward slope and someone's car quickly let us know that today would throw us a few curveballs. Luckily the coffee truck made a cameo appreance again and I got to have another go on the machine to make a round for our office. When the day was over we all had a good laugh and wished each other a lovely Sunday off, I drove home feeling good about the rest of the shoot knowing that if we could conquer today anything was possible.

The second I parked up though I got a message: a cast member is due to be stranded in London without a taxi to get them home and I was amoung the few who were still awake to help. I tried our dedicated London cab company but they were fully booked. I queued up Uber on my phone but luckily our transport captain pulled some strings and figured something out. NOW I can go to bed and enjoy a little time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment