Saturday 2 October 2021

Coffee Butter

I was kitchen-bound for a large chunk of the day. I'm planning on making some coffee cakes tomorrow but wanted to try a new style of icing to top it with, one style calls for coffee-infused butter which I made myself this afternoon. Simmered a bunch of beans and some butter together for an hour and strained it off to make a compound butter that smelt like toast, hopefully it'll play nice with tomorrow's cake bake.

We hosted a cute little dinner party for Mark and Lucy tonight too. Now that our house is done up we can have guests round without suffering from 'home shame'. I whipped up a platter of filo pastry salmon parcels and made a self saucing chocolate pudding for dessert (I've been keen to make this for Mark for almost two years, lockdown meant I had to shelve that dream until today, luckily it was worth the wait.) Then in classic fashion we played board games into the small hours, I thwarted Rebecca's attempts at victory to her chagrin, all the while Mark bided his time to steal the crown. A sweet night for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment