Monday 25 October 2021

Sugar Skull

My fingers were permanently poised over the 'Print' button for the day's entirety. Just as I thought I'd done all the scripts and amends, another beefy round of them reared their head. To top it all off, one of our cast members brought their dog into work, and all he did was bark and whine when they went into set. I was embarrassed for them. 

It was pumpkin carving night when I got home. Mum very graciously drew some stencils on for me and Rebecca, all we had to do was gut and carve our pumpkins. It's always the smell that takes me back to my childhood, the second I crack into the top and start scooping seeds out I'm reminded of watching my Mum do intricate designs while making pints of jelly in our old kitchen. I've always loved it and I'm glad my enthusiasm is infections - Rebecca started carving them after meeting me.

Anyways, here's my one this year - a gently elaborate sugar skull. Lot of small fiddly bits, but the results speak for themselves.



No comments:

Post a Comment