Sunday 31 October 2021

Happy Halloween 2021

Got an extra hour to enjoy Halloween, but accidentally slept through my extra time. My big plans for playing scary video games all day were dashed by my sleepiness, but Rebecca and I still got some spooky games crammed in during out down time.

We had just the one guest round for Halloween this year. Because it's an easy dish to cook and as it feeds into the whole Day of the Dead thing, I made fajitas. If Mexican skeletons really did walk amidst the living today they'd all queue up to give me a boney slap because I butched the dish. Both the chicken AND the guacamole came out inexplicably overly salty... Probably on account of all the salt I added. Dear oh dear. We watched the 1999 version of The Mummy as the scary film of choice - it was a poor man's Indiana Jones, but that hardly a hot take anymore. It was kinda fun, but kinda forgettable too but gald I've seen it now. It's forever been a chunk of 90's media I avoided growing up and now when people ask me if I've seen it I can say 'yes'... And not much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment