Sunday 3 October 2021

Swiss Meringue

The good Lord may have rested on a Sunday, but I sure didn't. I promised everyone at work a coffee cake to enjoy on Monday, because I wanted to try an experimental icing I ended up making two coffee cakes, one is my classic butter icing beast, the second is a coffee-infused Swiss meringue icing. It was a right faff to make, but it produced a much lighter and delicate frosting which some may prefer. I just hope it travels well!

In the pouring rain, Louis, Rebecca and I all tried to squeeze a sofabed into my car. We just about got it in, though I had to push the drivers seat all the way forward - my knees were basically in my nostrils for the ride home! Our spare room is officially complete with it's inclusion, though there's an ongoing debate about its final position. I got the masonry drill off Louis too so I got to relive the trauma of putting up my coffee shelf again. Thankfully it was a lot less sweaty this time around and it wasn't much fuss. Now that it's back in action it fills my heart with so much joy. I cleaned all my coffee equipment too so it's all shiney and lovely. Taking a lot of pride iny home at the moment and that makes me silently content.

No comments:

Post a Comment