Tuesday 26 July 2011

Before Sunrise

Woke up a little late, about 9am which is very late for me I must say, got up played some more LA Noire and stayed at home while the rest of the family went into Bournemouth high street, I didn't go because it is admittedly a little boring upon frequent outings, they repeated that emotion after they returned with a shameful tone.

While they were out I got a chance to watch Before Sunrise which was absolutely excellent. It had a concept and a story that we all wish we could say happened to us as two people meet randomly and spend 24 hours together, sharing more with each other than anyone they have ever known. It's a wonderful set up which is helped by the incredible performances from the characters and they simple dialogue that is inspiring, funny and interesting. It is definatly heading into my favorites as we speak.

Later we all watched Moonstruck huddled around the warm glow of Louis' laptop after frequent disc skipping on a DVD player, while the viewing experience was a little bit bodged it was a decent film. Something about it seemed a little bit empty however, now that I think about it I didn't really know any of the characters nor know how they filled up an hour and a half as on reflection it felt like 20 minutes. It was fine though, funny in places and Nicholas Cage was entertaining but something didn't sit right, I think I didn't feel any chemistry in the romance and therefore the ending was a little hollow? I'm not sure, maybe I just feel let down after watching such a great film before ahnd and I bigged Moonstruck up a bit before I saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment