Friday 15 July 2011

End of the Potter Era...

I am really glad I went to the Harry Potter double bill last night/this morning, the atmosphere was really good, a lot of long time fans turned up in some form of costume and the cinema was practically full. Having not read the Deathly Hallows novel I actually didn't know how the story ended so it was very good to see it finally on film and can openly discuss it with peers without being afraid of the ending being ruined.

Part One was enjoyable, but just a little bit laughable in places but not in a truly negative way as it actually helped me enjoy the film more. Part Two on the other hand was truly an epic way to end the franchise, giving the films the conclusion it deserves. As the crowd put on their 3D glasses, we all felt just a little bit like Potter. When the Warner Bros logo came up with that familiar music I suddenly realised 'Jesus... This has been 10 years in the making, throughout my lifetime and this was going to be the final one,' A sense of nostalgia and emotion surged through me. Despite a little bit tedious and slow paced 5 minutes, this was excusable since it was mainly designed as a re-cap. The rest of it was a fun-action packed battle with some very unexpected twists (unless you have read the books), delivering a visual celebration and some highly anticipated moments. Even though I wasn't a die-hard fan of the books, I loved the film.

Left the theatre at 2:30 this morning and was driven home by Adam Osmand, bouncing around to Rebbecca Black's Friday in a very Ironic way was just a hilarious way to end the evening. As I walked into the house I noticed a strange light coming from the living room, thinking someone had left the TV on I went to investigate. The room was gloriously illuminated by the light of the moon, it was so inviting that I sat on the sofa for a few minutes and just pondered about the Potter films that I have enjoyed since I was 7.

So far I have kept myself alive and awake with a series of iced coffee drinks with enough coffee and sugar to kill a baby zebra. Now that I look back on last night while I barely have the energy left to write this blog I ask myself: 'Was staying up on a school night worth it?'

'Yeah, yeah, it was worth it.'

No comments:

Post a Comment