Friday 22 July 2011

A bit of the old, ultra violence

Got in today for my working breakfast which was pretty sweet, a few muffins and doughnuts were present so I had some with some OJ, it was a pretty relaxed day overall apart from our very boring whole school assemblies. We were confronted with the task of applauding to sport captains of every year, for every sport, for each gender and then the runner ups; suffice to say it quickly got tedious.

Film Friday choice was A Clockwork Orange which is a film I have been interested in seeing for quite some time. Alex's character is amusing thanks to his dialect and mannerisms but overall the film wasn't quite the masterpiece I had hoped for. I think it didn't quite express it's undertones in as an effective manner as possible but it did deliver some iconic sequences, again mainly those of which that have been parodied in the Simpsons, but I would still argue that it is not my favorite Kubrick.

No comments:

Post a Comment