Wednesday 27 July 2011

Wall paper stripping

Another slow day, spent about 2 hours and 4 phone calls finalising my job application for Lakeland, little bit of a pain considering I don't know my national insurance number off by heart but we got that sorted quickly with a call to granny. I wrote a nice little bit for the 'reason for appication' section so that should put me in good stead. Technically I didn't do any wall paper stripping as we were tasked with removing wood-chip wall paper, after looking up stripping advice online for this type of paper it only came up with one result: 'Move House.' To be put bluntly the job took 4 days to complete as we had to take it nice and slow, I had the job of removing the nobbles on the wall so it was easier for Dad and the steamer to get hacking at the wall-paper.

I still can't believe I watched JFK as I was initially cautious by its long running time (195 minutes approx) but it was really worth it. At the beginning you are greeted by a quick back story and history lesson on the events prior to the assassination of Kennedy and quickly overwhelmed by the amount of information fed into you during the exposition and for another 2 hours, when the third hour kicks in however it keeps its foot on the accelerator and never lets up. The final 40 minutes are absolutely fantastic and a shocking insight to the nature of the US government and most definitely Kevin Costner's best role and performance. I didn't like Stone's other film Platoon, but JFK was just incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment