Sunday 13 January 2019

Blackout Blackjack

Slept like a log last night and had a glorious lie-in that set me up right for the rest of the day. Went out for a little walk around Richmond this morning, looked around Petersham Nurseries too, admittedly a little out if season, but it was lovely to see some vegetation in mid January. I spotted a little orange tree at one point and I made a mental note to myself to get one - they're just so lovely.

Later on in the evening I joined Rebecca's parents in a little meet up with some of their family friends for a decidedly boozey evening. After dinner, pudding and cheese and biscuits we settled into a big game of blackjack which took up most of the night. The hosts offered me a shot if Fireball halfway through - who am I to turn down that offer? The added Dutch courage served me well in cards though and I went out in third place overall by the end if the night. Looking forward to sleep off the alcohol tonight now.

No comments:

Post a Comment