Wednesday 30 January 2019

Wet Paint, Wetter Lattes

Had one of those wonky, grumpy days at work where the world seemed line it was against me going home on time. Amidst a big old school rush that produced a mountain of washing up our area handyman turned up to do a few bits and bobs. While he was a pleasant chap, he didn't half get in the way. Plus he got a paintbrush out halfway through and started touching up the walls behind the bar area before he was actually asked to so I had to contest with a minefield of wet paint during our busy period. Lastly, I got the barisa equivalent of jury summons as my manager submitted me into a latte art competition without asking me... And I can't do latte art. I got to go embarrass myself in front of a judging panel on Monday so stay tuned to hear how that farce goes.

Mary Queen of Scots was on the bill for our evening cinema outing and I have to say, its hard to recommend this one. Costumes and production design were second to none though, and if you like dramatic retellings of historical events then this will do the job. If you wanted a character study film though you may be a little disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment