Sunday 27 January 2019

Rosemary's Baby... Again

Highlight of my day was easily when Rebecca came to visit me at lunchtime, in the middle of a manic day my 30 minute break with her felt like seeing dry land after being a year out at sea. We headed to the Tobacco Factory market and saw a few snowdrops in the local park - felt wonderful to just decompress for a moment before heading back into the fray.

Once I got back I collapsed into a coffee-smelling heap on the sofa and wanted to do nothing more than watch a film and Rosemary's Baby suited the vibe well. The only other time I saw that film was with Mark in our 6th form common room, cramped around a tiny mini-DVD player screen and sharing headphones... In three parts. The viewing experience this time around was much more optimal, as a result I could really just sit back and appreciate the ever compressing spring that is the story. Rebecca had read the book and wanted to see the film but we were both caught up in the wild ride and far, far better that I remembered. Glad I gave it a rewatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment