Tuesday 8 January 2019

What's he Building?

Pick up where I left off on listening to Tom Waits' Mule Variations while walking to work and I couldn't have landed on a worse song to leave a deadly quiet building at 5:30 in the morning. 'What's he Building?' Puts you in the shoes of a paranoid neighbour living in a net curtain community and it made me hyperaware of all the people I passed on the street. Didn't help that the soundscape is just so damn creepy too, it woke me right up though since I thought could feel a tight hand gripping my heart. In hindsight, its hilarious how spooked I was (I was nervously laughing at the time) but now I think its a genius song - give it a listen here, but only if your not doing anything in the dark and/or in isolation.



After work I prepped a banging Sheppard's Pie for Louis and Rachel. We all shared a bottle of wine and played a bit of Codenames, the evening was worth pushing through a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment