Sunday 20 January 2019

Fame and Coffee

Last Thursday I picked up a phone call at work and I got chatting to a production manager for a filming company who wanted to use our coffee shop as a filming location. After ironing out some technicalities they agreed to turn up today and do some charity interviews in the corner of our shop. I was nominated by my colleges to be the first point of call for the film crew so I introduced myself to them and offered them all some free coffee. We got chatting about the project and who was going to be in it, alongside some other ladies the video was going to star the local legend: Briony from Bake-Off! Couldn't resist asking for a picture:


Really glad I pushed for us all to invite the film crew in now - my coworkers were all buzzing with excitement too.

I was also asked to champion the Samaritans fundraising campaign we are doing at work. I was given a brief and had to develop some ideas for the team meeting in the evening, amidst the obvious 'guess how many coffee beans in the jar' ideas, I announced that I would train up to do a 10K run to support the charity. Got a little round of applause for saying that and I may have even inspired a few others to run with me. Now that I've said it though, I feel inspired to go out and actually do it now. Been a long time since I ran a 10K but I feel like now is the time to get back into running.

No comments:

Post a Comment