Friday 20 March 2020

Corona and the Cafe

So, we got the message a little after 5pm today that all of the UK's cafes are set to close. My Coffee 1 will stat open apparently until Monday to do take-away only, but technically I've done my last shift there now amidst the Coronavirus closing. On my lunch break I gathered some extra groceries and brought an excellent bag of coffee from a local place (also closed now) as I intend to basically shut myself indoors for the foreseeable.

There are silver linings though! The government has stepped up to offer some wages for folks like me, if that comes through for me too (which it certainly should) then that's a real burden off my shoulders. Secondly, my copy of Animal Crossing arrived just as the bad news broke. With a bottle of wine and a pizza from our favourite take-away place handy, Rebecca and I snuggled up on the sofa and forgot about the outside world for a few hours.

Despite sounding a little doom and gloom here I am cautiously optimistic (but when am I not?) I've got positive vibes about the coming future. All I can do is hold my head high and dream about a life after this has all blown over. ItIt's fascinating to consider all the things we took for granted before all this hit, but you can bet I'll be giving my family the biggest hug a few months from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment