Sunday 15 March 2020

Story

Had the luxury of sleeping in a bit today since I was on a closing shift, this also comes with the perk of scooping up whatever pastries and sandwiches are going out of date at the cafe. Turned out, there was quite a lot of grub going since we were so quiet over the weekend, the public have undoubtedly started buttoning down the hatches since the Coronavirus developments, guess we'll see how badly that affects us.

At last, I finished Robert McKee's 'Story' too, only took me 5ish months to read it! Learnt a lot from it though, I feel like my appreciation of films has gone up and my writing has become.e a fraction more guided. Most valuable lessons were about character and the importance of rewriting virtually everything until something's essance has been distilled - I look forward to being able to put his advice to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment