Friday 27 March 2020

Slo-Mo Supermarket Sweep

Not that we were running out of supplies or anything, but Rebecca and I reckoned we needed to stock up on some food. So I braved the outside world and headed to Asda, Louis had been recently and told me to prepare myself for a 2 meter queuing system to get into the shop. I grabbed my trolley and walked to the back of the queue, as I approached the end of the queue, I realized it was only the beginning as the line of people snaked around the road and almost tripled in length. I spent 35 minutes in line before I finally got into the shop, I say that not as a complaint, just as an observation on how seriously they are taking everything which is good. What was better still is that I managed to get everything on my list, toilet paper and eggs included! I walked home with bags brimming with spoils, certain we'd be good for a couple of weeks. Moments later we ran out of cling film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment