Monday 30 March 2020

Korean Frothy Coffee

I wish I'd never heard of Korean Frothy Coffee. It's all over the internet at the moment as a quarantine craft', something you can make with all the ingredients you have at home to produce something a little quirky. The recipe is simple: 2 tablespoons each of instant coffee, sugar and hot water beaten into stiff peaks, then spooned onto a cup of hot milk. Done right it'll look like this:



I managed this:



If alarm bells didn't start ringing as you read the recipe, and if you dare endeavour to follow my steps then you'll be left with a drink which is the embodiment of all style, no substance. It's a very roundabout way to put too much sugar into a coffee and drinking it only resulted in me feeling over-stimulated and cagey (its a very strong coffee). Hard avoid, don't waste your precious quarantine rationed groceries on this.   

No comments:

Post a Comment